Y-Trucks X5 - Trucks - Urban Talks

review

- Written and Photographed by @Onkel_Urban -
Hey everyone!

I know it’s been a while since I did a review. Had to figure out if I am continuously doing the reviews as articles or as videos. As you can see I went back to the text form. Also, I was kind of busy with exams and stuff so I hope you can excuse that.

First of all, I need to apologize to Philippe from Yellowood because it took me almost a year to start writing this review but hey, better late than never right?

Shoutouts to Yellowood for the hook up! Let’s dive in!

What I got here is the latest version of the Y-Trucks evolution the X5 Truck.
Same design, same performance but 2 mm wider. Yep 34 mm is a thing now.
I got the silver polished hanger with a black baseplate combo which I really like. Keep it basic.

It comes in a crystal-clear box with screws, lock nuts, stickers and a Y-tool. Yep no China tool.
Overall, the packaging is on point l. Some information on the back and references. I like that it looks like an overall proper article.

The performance is as expected. The trucks are solid, top notch level no questions asked. First thing I did was to change the bushings, simply because I ride very soft. (I always take the pictures before I use the items)
The grind feeling is nice and the steering performance is good too. I like the flattened head of the kingpin which is nice for feebles or smiths, no kingpin gets stuck.

Also, I really love the backside of the baseplate with the engraved Y symbol, pretty unique.

The hanger got slimmed out so the truck won’t weight too much. If you ask me personally, I wouldn’t have done that. Weight is key in fingerboarding. Is your setup heavy you can flip slower and more controlled. (that’s my opinion) That’s why I try to make my setups as heavy as possible without using too much nonsense.

The Y-trucks allow you to use single or dual bearing wheels. I like to have options, that’s why I dig that. Locknuts seem solid as well.

The only thing I will never enjoy are the torx screws. It’s a pain to use them even when they should last longer, I just don’t enjoy using them.

So, is there anything particular I can criticize? No, not at all to be honest. Well for my taste some softer bushings would be cool but not everyone is weird like me, so that’s chill. Y trucks are overall solid and the whole set you get is pretty tasty.

If you haven’t checked out Yellowwood you should, its proper fingerboard material straight up from Portugal. Also probs for the latest team catch „WhiteTrashWilly“.

Hope you enjoyed this review and thank you guys for reading!

Cheers guys,
Onkel Urban.

Check his Instagram : @yellowood
Check Yellowood online : http://www.yellowoodstore.com/
Forum ID : @yellowood

►Instagram: Onkel_Urban
►Facebook : Onkel_Urban
►Youtube : Onkel_Urban

Solid review dude. I love my x5 with some heavy wheels. The wider hanger just feels amazing

Thank you Alot! I appreaciate that :slight_smile: <3

Really need to try these, haven’t had a set of T-trucks since the very first ones came out :)! Nice Review, cool pictures!

Thank you pete <3
They are worth a Try :slight_smile:
but then you have to do 34mm Decks? :wink:

Awesome review! Definitely a big fan of Y Trucks for sure, hands down probably the next in line of favorites compared to BRR-Trucks. The one thing I would change of the trucks would be the hex-screws, it’s just a pain in the butt replacing them or taking the trucks off/putting onto a deck as you mention in your review @onkel_urban. Good review, brother!

Thank you alot! And yeah the screws are a pain! :smiley: